- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time, mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool completely. Pierce cake evenly with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake. Chill (1/2 hour).
- Whip whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup of the sugar together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Garnish with fresh strawberries or raspberries. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, BUEN PROVECH0!
Technorati Tags: tres leches cake, mexican recipes, international desserts